GAnalytics

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Band making

Last week I went to the gym to see my trainer. He came well prepared and brought special bands to make sure I don't slack off and get enough core and balance exercise. I've heard about these bands before and wanted to try. They are called TRX bands and cost some crazy amount of money. I think he mentioned he got them for $200. A brief look at the bands revealed they are nothing more than just some webbing with cam buckles, a carabiner and handles.

So, over last weekend, Tuan and I decided to make the bands from nylon straps. Not sure if the real thing is nylon, but nylon is a good enough for the first try. Here is the result of the team work:



These are the handles. The white tubes are for the hands and the low loop is for the feet.



The view of the top. The loop with the carabiner is attached to a piece that goes between the door and the door frame.



This is the top with the door hanger. The hanger can be detached to loop around a beam.



The door hanger piece from the other side of the door:



And here is the first tryout of the bands.



After trying the bands last week, I was in pain for several days. I guess they do work.

EL

No comments:

Post a Comment