GAnalytics

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Practice shirt, rolled edge and new book

Last night I wanted to start my new ballroom dress, but then I went to the gym and got tired so I decided to make something fast and simple. Practice shirt seemed like a good idea. I made a pattern and cut fabric. Again, it was supposed to be a small project with only 4 seams and maybe some rolled edge on the neck line, bottom and arm holes. I serged the pieces together and started with the rolled edges. OMG, I thought lycra behaves better than chiffon! I kind of does, but not when you have sharp corners to turn. So, the first shirt went to waste. I had to modify the pattern and make a whole new piece.



Disregarding the first shirt, total time spent was only 2 hours from pattern construction to finished shirt!

And today I got a new pattern making book. I just flipped through it, it looks so good! Finally, I'm going to make patterns based on theory.

EL

2 comments:

  1. This looks like professional dancewear. Was this the pattern we looked at together? Looking forward to hearing about your next dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a pattern myself :) I'm still waiting for you to get together and make the other top from the pattern we made. I, btw, lost the original top, so, there is more reason to make it.

    ReplyDelete